Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wormy Apple

Mid April 2010 (End Jan. 2010)

Time to carve: 3 hours
Finishing: 1.5 hour

OK, so why the two different months? Well back when I was starting the Pueblo Indian Pottery, I started to create this from memory. My memory failed me in this case because when I took a look at the pattern I had craved it incorrectly. I threw this one into a bin of scrap wood. When I came to the Wormy Apple pattern it suddenly occurred to me I had this half down if I used this scrapped project. I threw it into a pack with my knife and went off to Mystic, CT with my family. The main part of the apple was carved and when we got back I started on the worm. The worm was make from a piece of white plastic with the segments cut into the plastic. Painted with craft paints and then the two pieces glued together for finishing with a couple of coats of poly.

No comments:

Post a Comment